Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Followup to Excel OLE Error

I posted a query regarding an error described below.
It was suggested by another to check the Excel & Word VBA references for any
that were missing. The blank instances of each were fine but trying to check
for my Excel/Word app is difficult as the client is long distance and I don't
want to give them the password to unlock it. So I sent an unlocked copy of
the app with code removed. My Office version is 2003 and theirs XP or 2002.
When the client installed my app in the right directory it showed all the
proper references, correctly showing MS Excel 10.0 Object Library and MS
Office 10.0 Office Object Library. But it shows MS Word 11.0 Object Library
(what was in the app send from my Office 2003 system) as Missing.
Any ideas if that is clue to the problem or what it could be?
Would the steps I took above be adequate to check the references or do I
need to do it another way?
Again, any help appreciated. Thanks and God bless
Van
"VanS" wrote:

Hello,
I have an Excel VBA application that links to a Word template using
automation and the Find-Replace method to populate the latter. I have run it
without problem in all MS operating systems and Microsoft Office versions.
However trying to run it on a customers Dell Latitude laptop it produced the
following error populating and printing the Word template: "Microsoft Excel
is waiting for another application to complete and OLE application". The
error message pops up after successfully printing the 2nd page regardless of
the total number of pages to be printed.The application referred to is
apparently the winword.exe but no such process seems to be running. Clicking
on "ok" closes the message display then re-displays it and nothing else can
be done until ctrl-alt-del is hit to shut it down.
The Latitude is Pentium RM processor 1600 Mhz with 512 RAM with Windows XP
Pro SP 1 and Office 2002/XP SP2.
What I don't understand is why it is giving an OLE error message for this
version of Office as I thought OLE referred to automation for earlier
versions of Office which KB articles on that message also seem to indicate.
For now I don't have access to debug the code as the client is long distance.
Any ideas what is going on? Any and all help greatly appreciated.
Thanks and God bless
Van