Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lee Harris

Default countif followup

Sorry fellas,
forgot to ask - how can you extend the counting to have limits specified in
a cell,

i.e. this won't work, but I need to vary the limit paramaters and see the
results,
=COUNTIF(A:A,"<B1")-COUNTIF(A:A,"<=C1")

I knew I hadn't gone bonkers, got confused about what I was asking!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rowan Drummond

Try

=COUNTIF(A:A,"<"&B1)-COUNTIF(A:A,"<="&C1)

Regards
Rowan

Lee Harris wrote:
Sorry fellas,
forgot to ask - how can you extend the counting to have limits specified in
a cell,

i.e. this won't work, but I need to vary the limit paramaters and see the
results,
=COUNTIF(A:A,"<B1")-COUNTIF(A:A,"<=C1")

I knew I hadn't gone bonkers, got confused about what I was asking!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lee Harris

"Rowan Drummond" wrote in message
Try

=COUNTIF(A:A,"<"&B1)-COUNTIF(A:A,"<="&C1)

Regards
Rowan

oo, that's like a programming indirection - never seen that before, many
thanks!

Lee Harris wrote:
Sorry fellas,
forgot to ask - how can you extend the counting to have limits specified
in a cell,

i.e. this won't work, but I need to vary the limit paramaters and see the
results,
=COUNTIF(A:A,"<B1")-COUNTIF(A:A,"<=C1")

I knew I hadn't gone bonkers, got confused about what I was asking!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rowan Drummond

You're welcome. Not sure about a "programming indirection", I would
probably have referred to it as a concatenation.