Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default Protected cells

Hello,

How do I my protected cells in a sheet unselectable?
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Which Excel version do you use ?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

wrote in message ...
Hello,

How do I my protected cells in a sheet unselectable?
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ActiveSheet.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells

this must be set each time the workbook is opened as it is not persistent.
Possibly use the workbook_open event or put it in the sheet activate event.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
Hello,

How do I my protected cells in a sheet unselectable?
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Hi Ron

I am using Excel 2000. Thanks.

How do I my protected cells in a sheet unselectable?
Thanks in advance

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Then use Tom's example
In Excel 2002-2003 you have this option when you protect the sheet

Try this on a example workbook

Uncheck the locked property of all cells you want to use first
Select the cells
Ctrl-1
On the Protection tab uncheck locked
Paste this event in the thisworkbook module
and save the file and close it.

When you open the file you only can select unlocked cells
in each sheet.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim Sh As Worksheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False