Ingibjorg Hinriksdottir

Default Tab down instead of right in protected cells

Is there a way to decide the tab order in a worksheet when certain cells has
been locked and protected? I know it is possible in Access, what about Excel
2003?
Jim Rech

what about Excel 2003?

No. Right and then Down 24/7.

--
Jim
"Ingibjorg Hinriksdottir" m
wrote in message ...
| Is there a way to decide the tab order in a worksheet when certain cells
has
| been locked and protected? I know it is possible in Access, what about
Excel
| 2003?

Jim May

a stretch, but here's a small sample of restricting tab order
in excel.

Define a range MyTabOrder
In RefersTo box put:
=Sheet1!$C$1,Sheet1!$D$10,Sheet1!$F$11,Sheet1!$G$1 0
When you want to invoke it, pull down the ranged name box and select it;
it's made active.
HTH

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
what about Excel 2003?

No. Right and then Down 24/7.

--
Jim
"Ingibjorg Hinriksdottir"
wrote in message
| Is there a way to decide the tab order in a worksheet when certain cells
has
| been locked and protected? I know it is possible in Access, what about
Excel
| 2003?

Jim Rech

It's true - if you pre-select the cells then Tab will move among the cells
in the order you selected them. And if you assign a name and then select
via the name, Tab moves in the order the cells appear in the name
definition. That's a good workaround.

--
Jim