Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need some basic help

I'm trying to create a database of info and I want to know if theres
way to count entries. In other words I am validating the cells (list
to Jan, Feb, Mar etc... in columns and I need to know if I ca
highlight and with a Pivot table or whatever come up with a quick an
dirty way to collect the info in some kind of database. I have a wa
with SPCXL via Pareto Reports, but its much more difficult and tim
consuming and would rather have something that would refresh/updat
automatically.
help me if u can
thanks

--
Babi
Babio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1460

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The COUNTIF function will count the number of entries that match some specific
entry. Check it out in Help.

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:46:33 -0500, Babio
wrote:

I'm trying to create a database of info and I want to know if theres a
way to count entries. In other words I am validating the cells (list)
to Jan, Feb, Mar etc... in columns and I need to know if I can
highlight and with a Pivot table or whatever come up with a quick and
dirty way to collect the info in some kind of database. I have a way
with SPCXL via Pareto Reports, but its much more difficult and time
consuming and would rather have something that would refresh/update
automatically.
help me if u can
thanks!