Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Opening Multiple Workbooks

I want to open mulitple workbooks and be able to alt+tab between them.
Currently I cannot do this as I have to select Window and then the workbook I
wish to view. It's as if it will only allow me to open excel once. I'm
seeking to operate excel similar to how you would operate MS Word if you had
multiple docements open. They each appear as their own Word program on the
Windows menu bar.
I'm operating with Excel 2003 on WindowsXP OPS.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:
Is this a programming question?

"MIkeE"wrote
Nope...it's something that really bugs me and I know it can be done I
just
don't know how. Can you help? Does the question make sense?

The question makes sense, but, as Tom implies, this is the wrong NG.

If you were to pose the question in the excel.misc group, you might
receive this response:

Tools | Options | View | Check Windows in Taskbar

---
Regards,
Norman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Go to the Tools menu, choose the Options, then the View tab.
There, check the "Windows in taskbar" setting.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"MikeE" wrote in message
I want to open mulitple workbooks and be able to alt+tab between
them.
Currently I cannot do this as I have to select Window and then
the workbook I
wish to view. It's as if it will only allow me to open excel
once. I'm
seeking to operate excel similar to how you would operate MS
Word if you had
multiple docements open. They each appear as their own Word
program on the
Windows menu bar.
I'm operating with Excel 2003 on WindowsXP OPS.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Going to Tools/Options/View/Windows in taskbar is only a temporary fix for
me. If I close Excel and reopen Excel, this checkbox is still marked but
when I open my workbooks, they group in the taskbar. I have to uncheck the
box and recheck the box to view my open workbooks in the taskbar. Sure, I
can Crtl-Tab between them but I want to see them like I used to be able to
prior to 2003 version. Any ideas?

"MIkeE" wrote:

that's it! Thanks for the help!!!

"MikeE" wrote in message
I want to open mulitple workbooks and be able to alt+tab between
them.
Currently I cannot do this as I have to select Window and then
the workbook I
wish to view. It's as if it will only allow me to open excel
once. I'm
seeking to operate excel similar to how you would operate MS
Word if you had
multiple docements open. They each appear as their own Word
program on the
Windows menu bar.
I'm operating with Excel 2003 on WindowsXP OPS.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Open all new excel workbooks by using the Start/Program/Microsoft
Office/Excel, this method starts a new window for each program, and then you
can navigate between them with the alt tab key, or use the task bar.
Arrange windows horizontally or vertically to view as you like, this
works well with multiple monitors.