Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how do I remove as read only ?

I have backed up my file to a floopy disket and one file will open ok and the
other one it said can not be accessed , this file may be as a read only or
you may be trying to access a read only location.
How can I get my file back to a normal operation?
thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

right click on the file in explorer & deselect the read only box.
If this doesn't work, then open the file & save it again with a new name

--
Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP
"M Merrikh" <M wrote in message
I have backed up my file to a floopy disket and one file will open ok and
the
other one it said can not be accessed , this file may be as a read only or
you may be trying to access a read only location.
How can I get my file back to a normal operation?
thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Microsoft recommends not saving directly to floppy for Excel files or to
work directly from a floppy. There is a possibility your file has not been
saved properly.

Tom Ogilvy