-   -   how do I remove as read only ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/310417-how-do-i-remove-read-only.html)

M Merrikh

how do I remove as read only ?

I have backed up my file to a floopy disket and one file will open ok and the
other one it said can not be accessed , this file may be as a read only or
you may be trying to access a read only location.
How can I get my file back to a normal operation?
thanks in advance

Patrick Molloy[_4_]

how do I remove as read only ?

right click on the file in explorer & deselect the read only box.
If this doesn't work, then open the file & save it again with a new name

--
Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP
"M Merrikh" <M wrote in message
I have backed up my file to a floopy disket and one file will open ok and
the
other one it said can not be accessed , this file may be as a read only or
you may be trying to access a read only location.
How can I get my file back to a normal operation?
thanks in advance

Tom Ogilvy

how do I remove as read only ?

Microsoft recommends not saving directly to floppy for Excel files or to
work directly from a floppy. There is a possibility your file has not been
saved properly.

Tom Ogilvy