Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open a Template/CSV-File from the command line

Hi

I have written a template loadCSV.xlt that automatically asks the use
for a csv-file
It then loads that CSV-File and achieves some work with it lik
calculations and charts

I want to apply this template to different csv-files. That is why th
template asks the user each time it is opened for a csv-file

Is it possible to open a template with a csv-file from the comman
line

Something like
dos excel.exe template.xlt data.cs

Thanks in advanc
Yours Sidibo
--------
Message sent via www.excelforums.com
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

is my question too difficult to find an answer in this forum?
Or is it a silly one that does not deserve to be answered?

please help me.
Yours Sidibou
---------
Message sent via www.excelforums.com
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

thank you for your help.
But I cannot benifit from your answer, because your Makro kills
Excel97.

this simplified Makro kills my Excel97 application:

Declare Function GetCommandLine Lib "kernel32" Alias "GetCommandLineA"
() As String

Sub Makro1()
Dim s As String
On Error Resume Next
s = GetCommandLine
MsgBox s
End Sub

Do I have a problem with my excel or it is a real problem?
Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance
---------
Message sent via www.excelforums.com