craigkan

Default can i save an existing .xls file as a .csv file using command line

I have an .xls file that I want to convert to a .csv file using the command
line. Is this possible?
Chad

Try this:

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Book1.csv",
FileFormat:=xlCSV

"craigkan" wrote:

I have an .xls file that I want to convert to a .csv file using the command
line. Is this possible?

craigkan

this code does not work from the command line. if i go to my excel directory
i can run C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11excel.exe filename.xls
which will open filename.xls, but i can't figure out how to save this file
as .csv