Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Deploy a vba application over an intranet

I have written an xl application (consisting of a userform, and
worksheets which capture data entered via said userform) that I would
like to deploy over a corporate intranet. Ideally, I would like to
have the worksheets act as my database and store all the information
entered. I have 3 questions:

Is this possible?
What are the implications of multiple users at one time?
What (if any) licenses would be required?

If it was necessary, I could have one machine dedicated to this task.
All users will have high-spec PCs running a minimum of Office 2000.

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

hi,
licences - if all users have xl on their machine then the
licence issue is resolved profided your IS dept aquired
the neccessary number of licences.

as you described i don't think it's possible. not with
multiple users at one time. only 1 person have have
read/write permissons. the rest would open it read only.
if you put the file on a public drive, each user would
pull up a copy of the file. each time it was saved, it
would overwrite last users input.
the data base would have to be a front end\back end set up.
it's needs to be set up so that the users input to a form
and the input is set to a main database that you control.
ie multiple forms, 1 central table with all writing to the
1 table.
this would best be done with access.
but if you want excel, the dedicated machine might be your
best option. nix the network idea.

I have written an xl application (consisting of a

userform, and
worksheets which capture data entered via said userform)

that I would
like to deploy over a corporate intranet. Ideally, I

would like to
have the worksheets act as my database and store all the

information
entered. I have 3 questions:

Is this possible?
What are the implications of multiple users at one time?
What (if any) licenses would be required?

If it was necessary, I could have one machine dedicated

to this task.
All users will have high-spec PCs running a minimum of

Office 2000.

Any help would be appreciated.
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Additionally then, how do I go from having an xl workbook which contains
the userform and worksheets, to having a front/back end solution where
one xl workbook houses my db table (only one will be necessary) and the
userform (how do I make this available to users at a url?) can talk to
it?

Unfortunately, Access is not an option.

Many thanks for the help.