Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Deploy Excel 2002 add-in

I have developed an add-in using Excel 2002. Some of our customers are using
older versions of Excel. Could anyone point me to references that might
explain different deployment options? For example, should I ship both an
Excel/97 and an Excel/2002 version of my add-in? By only using Excel/2002
can I make both versions? Where is the best place to install an Excel
add-in? Any guidance appreciated.

Regards,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When you are ready making the Add-in open it in Excel 97
Set any missing references to the ones for Excel 97 and save the file

If you run the Add-in in a newer version it will automatic use the newer reference.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

"S. Daum" wrote in message
I have developed an add-in using Excel 2002. Some of our customers are

using
older versions of Excel. Could anyone point me to references that might
explain different deployment options? For example, should I ship both an
Excel/97 and an Excel/2002 version of my add-in? By only using

Excel/2002
can I make both versions? Where is the best place to install an Excel
add-in? Any guidance appreciated.

Regards,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the replies...I now have somewhere to start...

Steve

"Charles Williams" wrote in message
Hi Steve,

The safest method is to compile and test using Excel 97. Then test the
compiled version under xl2000 and xl2002.
Does not matter much which directory you install the addin into.
If you do not have an install packager you will have to get each user to
install using Tools--Addins--Browse

hth
Charles
Decision Models