Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Drowdown menu reset

What is the command for resetting dropdown menus ?

Ie.
Application.Shapes("dropdown164")... if I want it to be 'reset' to the first
line in the dropdownmenu after a change ?

Rasmus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
set the listelement property to '-1'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Rasmus" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
t.cable.rogers.com...
What is the command for resetting dropdown menus ?

Ie.
Application.Shapes("dropdown164")... if I want it to be 'reset' to

the first
line in the dropdownmenu after a change ?

Rasmus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Activesheet.Dropdowns("DropDown164").Listindex = 0

Tom Ogilvy

"Rasmus" wrote in message
t.cable.rogers.com...
What is the command for resetting dropdown menus ?

Ie.
Application.Shapes("dropdown164")... if I want it to be 'reset' to the

first
line in the dropdownmenu after a change ?

Rasmus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom
thanks for the correction.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Tom Ogilvy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Dropdowns from the forms toolbar use zero rather than -1 for this.

Tom Ogilvy

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
set the listelement property to '-1'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Rasmus" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

t.cable.rogers.com...
What is the command for resetting dropdown menus ?

Ie.
Application.Shapes("dropdown164")... if I want it to be 'reset'

the first
line in the dropdownmenu after a change ?

Rasmus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Tom Ogilvy" skrev i en meddelelse
Activesheet.Dropdowns("DropDown164").Listindex = 0

Thanks for your answers guys. However this one gices me the message:

'Unable to get the DropDowns property of this Worksheet class' ?

Rasmus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

for me, with a dropdown from the forms toolbar named DropDown164, it clears
the selection - as you asked:

Activesheet.Dropdowns("DropDown164").Listindex = 0

If you chose some goofy name for an activeX Combobox, then perhaps you want

Activesheet.OleObjects("DropDown164").Object.ListI ndex = -1

We can only guess at what type of control you are working with. Maybe you
really are using a CommandbarCombobox control (since you said dropdown
menu), but that certainly wouldn't be in the shapes collection.

Tom Ogilvy

.cable.rogers.com...