Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Getting rid of personal.xls

I made this mistake of saving a macro to the
personal.xls. Now I've deleted the macro (no longer
needed) and still have personal.xls that pops up and gets
in the way everytime I want to use Excel. It is a royal
pain. How can I permananently delete it ?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First of all, it should be HIDDEN. If you really want to delete use windows
find to look in all files, including system & hidden. Delete it.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Gregg" wrote in message
I made this mistake of saving a macro to the
personal.xls. Now I've deleted the macro (no longer
needed) and still have personal.xls that pops up and gets
in the way everytime I want to use Excel. It is a royal
pain. How can I permananently delete it ?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Has Excel saved the Personal.xls file in the autosave fil
location.....I think if you delete that, the problem will stop.

Celtic_Avenge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Find the file......most probably hidden as said.......dont hide it a
excel will still find the file even if it is hidden.......move to
secure location for future use if needed.

Celtic_Avenger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gregg

You can hide it when it is open by going to WindowHide and saving as such.
It will open in the background and not bother you.

If it has nothing in it, you could also delete it if you choose. You can
re-create at any time by recording a macro to "Personal Macro Workbook".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP