Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Getting rid of personal.xls

Gregg

You can hide it when it is open by going to WindowHide and saving as such.
It will open in the background and not bother you.

If it has nothing in it, you could also delete it if you choose. You can
re-create at any time by recording a macro to "Personal Macro Workbook".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:21:20 -0700, "Gregg"
wrote:

I made this mistake of saving a macro to the
personal.xls. Now I've deleted the macro (no longer
needed) and still have personal.xls that pops up and gets
in the way everytime I want to use Excel. It is a royal
pain. How can I permananently delete it ?

Thanks.