Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Personal.xls

I want to be able to record a macro that is available in
ANY workbook I use. From what I have read, I can do this
if I record the Macro in the Personal Macro Workbook or
personal.xls. I even "hid" the workbook before I saved it.

This has worked fine.... but there is a concern now. Each
time I load and start Excel, instead of getting "Book1" as
my new file, Personal.xls comes up. This would be quite
confusing to my users. Even hiding it again, exiting
Excel and restsrting Excel does no good.

I do not want Personal.xls to appear when I start the
application. Can anyone guide me as to where I went wrong?

Thanks in Advance,
Don

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don,

Please post back and let me know if any thing I suggested helped (or not).

thanks...

--
sb
"steve" wrote in message
Don,

Sounds like you just took a regular workbook and named it Personal.xls.
If so - you need to either move it to your xlStart folder or get rid of it
and start over.

If starting over - delete the first copy of Personal.xls. Open a blank
workbook. Go to record and set store in to Personal Macro Workbook.
This will create a new Personal.xls and store it in the xlStart folder.

If your Personal.xls is already in your xlStart folder. Than when it

opens
up go to the Windows menu and choose Hide. Than go to the VBE and the
Project Window. Single click on the Personal.xls project and do a File
Save. The next time it Excel opens the Personal.xls will be hidden but
available for use.

The last possibility is that your Personal.xls got stored in your template
folder. The next time it opens go to the File menu and select Properties.
On the first tab of the properties window it will show where the workbook

is
stored. This should be the xlStart folder.

--
sb