Thrava

Default Where is Personal.Xls

I want to copy the macros, or the whole file called
Personal.xls where I've recorded some macros to.
But when I try to find it, I come up with
nothing...searching for Personal.xls
Thrava

Did that,
Its not finding it. Can this file be called differently?
and only displays as "Personal"?

try using windows FIND and just search all files,

including hidden for it.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Thrava" wrote in

message
I want to copy the macros, or the whole file called
Personal.xls where I've recorded some macros to.
But when I try to find it, I come up with
nothing...searching for Personal.xls

.

Gord Dibben

Thrava

If you have one it will reside in

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application\Data\Microsoft\Excel \XLSTART

Personal.xls is created the first time you record a Macro using Macro
Recorder.

ToolsMacroRecord New Macro. A dialog box will come up asking you name the
macro and where to place it. Pick Personal Macro Workbook from the dropdown.
Copy and paste a couple of cells then Stop Recording.

You now have a Personal.xls in your Office\XLSTART folder. You can go to
Visual Basic Editor(Alt+F11) to view the macro you just recorded in a Module.

You can add more macros by recording or by typing them into the Module.

You can do a FileSave from there or better yet hit ALT + Q to return to the
Excel window.

Then with Personal.xls active, hit WindowHide.

When you close Excel you will be asked if you want to save Personal.xls. Yes!

It will open hidden next time you start Excel.

If you believe you already have a Personal.xls, look for it on your HDD using
StartSearchFor File and Folders.

StartSearchFor Files and Folders and look for *.xls

Make sure you have ToolsFolder OptionsViewFiles and Folders set to "show
all files"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 17:05:45 -0800, "Thrava"
wrote:

I want to copy the macros, or the whole file called
Personal.xls where I've recorded some macros to.
But when I try to find it, I come up with
nothing...searching for Personal.xls

Jay Somerset

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 17:16:45 -0800, "Thrava"
wrote:

Did that,
Its not finding it. Can this file be called differently?
and only displays as "Personal"?

Sounds as though you are suppressing the extension on listings within
Explorer. Go to Tools|Folder Options|View and uncheck the box that says
"Hide file extensions for known types" Also, check the button that says
"Show hidden files and folders"

try using windows FIND and just search all files,

including hidden for it.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Thrava" wrote in

message
I want to copy the macros, or the whole file called
Personal.xls where I've recorded some macros to.
But when I try to find it, I come up with
nothing...searching for Personal.xls

.

--
Jay.