Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Qn: .FaceID??

Hello Everyone,

I have created and modified my own MenuBars. Is there someplace to go or a
webpage that describes or shows you samples of what all the .FaceID's are???
Also, Can you make your own FaceID???? I have a .FaceID = 420 and that is
for Graphs. I have no listing of what they are to install a good one that
applies to my menu command.

Thanks.. mv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default .FaceID??

Hi Michael,

Try:

---
Regards,
Norman

"Michael Vaughan" wrote in message
Hello Everyone,

I have created and modified my own MenuBars. Is there someplace to go or
webpage that describes or shows you samples of what all the .FaceID's
are???
Also, Can you make your own FaceID???? I have a .FaceID = 420 and that is
for Graphs. I have no listing of what they are to install a good one that
applies to my menu command.

Thanks.. mv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Michael,

I use the following code (in an regular Excel workbook) to look thru all the
toolbar faces in excel.... when you hover over one you like... the tooltip
will tell you the FaceID number

<code
______________________

Option Explicit

Const mnNumButtons As Integer = 500

Sub ToolFacesExplorer()
Dim cmb As CommandBar
Dim cbo As CommandBarComboBox
Dim con As CommandBarButton

Dim nCount As Integer

On Error Resume Next
CommandBars("Face Explorer").Delete

Set cmb = CommandBars.Add
cmb.Name = "Face Explorer"

Set con = cmb.Controls.Add
With con
.Caption = "Pa&ge Down"
.OnAction = "PageDown"
.Style = msoButtonIconAndCaption
.FaceId = 40
End With

Set con = cmb.Controls.Add
With con
.Caption = "Page &Up"
.OnAction = "PageUp"
.Style = msoButtonIconAndCaption
.FaceId = 38
End With

Set cbo = cmb.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlComboBox)
With cbo
For nCount = 1 To 10000
.AddItem nCount
Next
.DropDownLines = mnNumButtons
.OnAction = "ChangeFace"
.ListIndex = 1
End With

For nCount = 1 To mnNumButtons
Set con = cmb.Controls.Add
Next
cmb.Controls(4).BeginGroup = True

ChangeFace

cmb.Width = 750
cmb.Left = 100
cmb.Visible = True

Set con = Nothing
Set cmb = Nothing
Set cbo = Nothing
End Sub

Sub RemoveToolFacesExplorer()
On Error Resume Next
CommandBars("Face Explorer").Delete
End Sub

Sub PageDown()
Dim cmb As CommandBar
Dim cbo As CommandBarComboBox
Dim nCount As Integer
Dim nNum As Integer

On Error Resume Next
Set cmb = CommandBars("Face Explorer")
Set cbo = cmb.Controls(3)

cbo.ListIndex = cbo.ListIndex + mnNumButtons

ChangeFace

Set cmb = Nothing
Set cbo = Nothing

End Sub

Sub PageUp()
Dim cmb As CommandBar
Dim cbo As CommandBarComboBox
Dim nCount As Integer
Dim nNum As Integer

On Error Resume Next
Set cmb = CommandBars("Face Explorer")
Set cbo = cmb.Controls(3)

If cbo.ListIndex - mnNumButtons < 1 Then
cbo.ListIndex = 1
Else
cbo.ListIndex = cbo.ListIndex - mnNumButtons
End If

ChangeFace

Set cmb = Nothing
Set cbo = Nothing

End Sub

Sub ChangeFace()
Dim cmb As CommandBar
Dim cbo As CommandBarComboBox
Dim nCount As Integer
Dim nNum As Integer

On Error Resume Next
Set cmb = CommandBars("Face Explorer")
Set cbo = cmb.Controls(3)

nNum = cmb.Controls.Count - 1

For nCount = 4 To nNum + 1
cmb.Controls(nCount).FaceId = cbo.Text + nCount - 4
cmb.Controls(nCount).TooltipText = cbo.Text + nCount - 4
Next

Set cmb = Nothing
Set cbo = Nothing

End Sub

______________________

<code/

--
Charles
www.officezealot.com

"Michael Vaughan" wrote in message
Hello Everyone,

I have created and modified my own MenuBars. Is there someplace to go or
webpage that describes or shows you samples of what all the .FaceID's
are???
Also, Can you make your own FaceID???? I have a .FaceID = 420 and that is
for Graphs. I have no listing of what they are to install a good one that
applies to my menu command.

Thanks.. mv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Michael,

There's some code here, designed to demo the imagelist control, which also
uses Stephen Bullen's Paste Picture, which appears a couple of threads ago,
which is a highly recommended addition to the arsenal, which plays with
faceids, which makes 8 subordinate clauses, including this one.

http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...sImageList.htm

and here, which explains how to identify obscure IDs

http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...ureDialogs.htm

Beware that if you run anything using the pasteface in excel 97 it is liable
to spit the proverbial dummy. There's some weird stuff going on with use of
the Windows, rather than Excel, clipboard. Put some code in to disable
pictures in 97.

Fly well,

Robin Hammond