Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Toolbar icons./ FaceID Bitmaps.

Hi all.

With Excel XP and 2003 FaceID's and toolbar bitmaps are a bit harder to
manipulate, at least if you want to get colors and transparency correct.

I've written a small addin to easily browse thru your builtin FaceID's and
extract, copy, save, read & merge the individual Picture and Mask bitmaps.

Have a look.. especially if you have Excel2003.. and wondered about ALL
the new redesigend icons.

http://members.chello.nl/keepitcool/download.html

keepITcool

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Scrolling in advance of change is a bit weird, perhaps you could
add Text on the bottom right to indicate what range
you are actually looking at.

Curious about something else
how our own toolbar icons might be identified / stored
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"keepitcool" wrote in message ...
Hi all.

With Excel XP and 2003 FaceID's and toolbar bitmaps are a bit harder to
manipulate, at least if you want to get colors and transparency correct.

I've written a small addin to easily browse thru your builtin FaceID's and
extract, copy, save, read & merge the individual Picture and Mask bitmaps.

Have a look.. especially if you have Excel2003.. and wondered about ALL
the new redesigend icons.

http://members.chello.nl/keepitcool/download.html

keepITcool

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

David..

thx, I'll include your suggestion.

I included the scrolling to keep the focus on the dropdown...
faik the only way of doing it.

Re custom icons:

I am still fiddling and getting totally frustrated.. :)

Excel2003 and ExcelXP have a different approach to Pasting bitmaps from
the UI.

If you experiment you'll notice that transparency and the colors black,
white and light gray get mixed up. Or at least not consistently
processed (i'm using 97, 2002 and 2003 for testing).

Why the hell can't Microsoft include a DECENT icon editor?
Notice the colorpicker in Excel2003? It wont pick a color. You can SET a
color.. WOW!

It's nye impossible to get a decent looking sharply defined icon into
your own button when you paste it from the UI. When you think you got
it.. Then try another Excel version. arghh...

I read on MSDN (somewhere...) that Office development team decided to
use a non-standard approach to its toolbars.. so apprently API functions
wont work in expected ways... and I'm only an amateur when it comes to
apis.

keepITcool

"David McRitchie" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Didn't seem to work for me what I'd like is the ability to not to have to
actually drop down but to select it and use the arrow key down
like I can do in Control Settings, Display things,
if that is possible. Specifically as soon as I change the selection
the display must change. Otherwise would need that box to tell me
what I'm actually looking at.
--
---
HTH,

"keepitcool" wrote in message ...
Scrolling in advance of change is a bit weird, perhaps you could
add Text on the bottom right to indicate what range
you are actually looking at.

Solved it...

cbo.SetFocus
SendKeys "+{TAB}{TAB}{F4}"

keeps focus, keeps it dropped down and doesn't scroll..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Combo OnChange only triggers when you press ENTER...

I'd need to class the cbo to expose the OnChange..
Correct?

Tada!

changing the Combo for a Dropdown seems the road to salvation.
the variable needs to be of type CommandBarControl which forces some more
changes to the code. Check my site in 1 hour or so.

keepITcool