Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Save Selection

Excel in office 97

In a macro I want to end by saving a selection from a worksheet and
printing a selection from a worksheet. Can't find how to do this.
Actually I can't find how to do this just operating in excel. There is
no "Save Selection" or "Print Selection" as far as I can see. It could
save as a simple text file or csv file.

Thanks

JOhn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As far as the Print part goes
why not use:

Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True

just a thought..
HTH

"John" wrote in message
Excel in office 97

In a macro I want to end by saving a selection from a worksheet and
printing a selection from a worksheet. Can't find how to do this.
Actually I can't find how to do this just operating in excel. There is
no "Save Selection" or "Print Selection" as far as I can see. It could
save as a simple text file or csv file.

Thanks

JOhn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This works

billing thingy.txt is the name of the file I save it to)

Sheets("Record 7").Select
Range("A1:E39").Select
ChDir "C:\Temp"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"C:\Tempp\billing thingy.txt" _
, FileFormat:=xlText, CreateBackup:=False

I gather you mean you can only save a workbook in excel format but I
wanted it in any old format just so I had SOMETHING.

John

--
R-e-t-u-r-n A-d-d-r-e-s-s I-n-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n-s
Change LID to