Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Save selection as jpeg

I am using Excel 2000

Hi everybody.

I have just bought a mobile phone which allows me to view jpeg images.

I would like to carry around some information that I have on excel sheets.

Can I convert a sheet or a selection on a sheet into a jpeg image.

I look forward to your suggestions

Regards

George

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
have a look at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xl2gif.htm
(GIF export, not JPEG but you may adapt this to your format)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

George Andrews wrote:
I am using Excel 2000

Hi everybody.

I have just bought a mobile phone which allows me to view jpeg

images.

I would like to carry around some information that I have on excel
sheets.

Can I convert a sheet or a selection on a sheet into a jpeg image.

I look forward to your suggestions

Regards

George

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Open your workbook, press Print Screen or Alt-Print Screen, paste the image
from the clipboard into an image editor that allows cropping and saving as
jpeg, crop as necessary and save the image.

"George Andrews" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2000

Hi everybody.

I have just bought a mobile phone which allows me to view jpeg images.

I would like to carry around some information that I have on excel sheets.

Can I convert a sheet or a selection on a sheet into a jpeg image.

I look forward to your suggestions

Regards

George

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Interestingly, Microsoft Word's Picture Editor has cropping features. I
macro-recorded the cropping and it appears you can do it by code.
I've not ever used the cropping but I suppose it could be done.

Would fit here.

Also a nice solution for the whitespace you sometimes can't avoid in charts.

"Bob Kilmer" wrote in message
Open your workbook, press Print Screen or Alt-Print Screen, paste the

image
from the clipboard into an image editor that allows cropping and saving as
jpeg, crop as necessary and save the image.

"George Andrews" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2000

Hi everybody.

I have just bought a mobile phone which allows me to view jpeg images.

I would like to carry around some information that I have on excel

sheets.

Can I convert a sheet or a selection on a sheet into a jpeg image.

I look forward to your suggestions

Regards

George

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can achieve this easily with the add-in ASAP utilities which is free and
very useful:

http://www.asap-utilities.com/

You can select a range and export it as bitmap, then paste it into a
graphics program and save it as a jpeg file. The good thing is you don't
have to do any cropping in the graphics program. It's all very convenient.