Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Loading in the BODY section of HTML from a web page

Hi all,

I know you can use the Web Query feature to load in elements of a web page.

However I wan to do the following:

- Specify the parameter for a URL (e.g www.yada.com/page.asp?=<PARAMETER)
and have Excel get the body of the html from that page, for 100 different
pages (the parameter will just be a number), and have each body be loaded
into a different cell
- I'll then process that body to extract the essential info.

How can I do this for the 100-odd diff pages? I can do it fine just for one,
manually specifying the parameter with Web Query....

Thanks
Haroon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom,
I'm not sure what you mean. I've tried typing in "www.yada.com/pages.asp?="
& <Cell Number in the web query dialog box, but that doesnt work. Could you
please clarify?
Thanks
Haroon

"HS" wrote in message
Hi all,

I know you can use the Web Query feature to load in elements of a web

page.

However I wan to do the following:

- Specify the parameter for a URL (e.g

www.yada.com/page.asp?=<PARAMETER)
and have Excel get the body of the html from that page, for 100

different
pages (the parameter will just be a number), and have each body be

loaded
into a different cell
- I'll then process that body to extract the essential info.

How can I do this for the 100-odd diff pages? I can do it fine just for

one,
manually specifying the parameter with Web Query....

Thanks
Haroon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No. I can't clarify because I have no idea what you are doing. I showed
you how to concatenate a variable value into a string. Most web queries
pass a string as the URL. You would have to figure out if that is
applicable to what you are doing.

Tom Ogilvy