HS[_4_]

Hi all,

I know you can use the Web Query feature to load in elements of a web page.

However I wan to do the following:

- Specify the parameter for a URL (e.g www.yada.com/page.asp?=<PARAMETER)
and have Excel get the body of the html from that page, for 100 different
pages (the parameter will just be a number), and have each body be loaded
into a different cell
- I'll then process that body to extract the essential info.

How can I do this for the 100-odd diff pages? I can do it fine just for one,
manually specifying the parameter with Web Query....

Thanks
Haroon

Tom Ogilvy

"www.yada.com/page.asp?=" & variable

perhaps?

Tom Ogilvy

"HS" wrote in message
Hi all,

I know you can use the Web Query feature to load in elements of a web

page.

However I wan to do the following:

- Specify the parameter for a URL (e.g www.yada.com/page.asp?=<PARAMETER)
and have Excel get the body of the html from that page, for 100 different
pages (the parameter will just be a number), and have each body be loaded
into a different cell
- I'll then process that body to extract the essential info.

How can I do this for the 100-odd diff pages? I can do it fine just for

one,
manually specifying the parameter with Web Query....

Thanks
Haroon

HS[_4_]

Hi Tom,
I'm not sure what you mean. I've tried typing in "www.yada.com/pages.asp?="
& <Cell Number in the web query dialog box, but that doesnt work. Could you
please clarify?
Thanks
Haroon

"HS" wrote in message
Hi all,

I know you can use the Web Query feature to load in elements of a web

page.

However I wan to do the following:

- Specify the parameter for a URL (e.g

www.yada.com/page.asp?=<PARAMETER)
and have Excel get the body of the html from that page, for 100

different
pages (the parameter will just be a number), and have each body be

loaded
into a different cell
- I'll then process that body to extract the essential info.

How can I do this for the 100-odd diff pages? I can do it fine just for

one,
manually specifying the parameter with Web Query....

Thanks
Haroon

Tom Ogilvy

No. I can't clarify because I have no idea what you are doing. I showed
you how to concatenate a variable value into a string. Most web queries
pass a string as the URL. You would have to figure out if that is
applicable to what you are doing.

Tom Ogilvy