Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
HRH HRH is offline

Default Flashing Cell

I am looking for away to make an Excel worksheet cell
flash to draw attention to it when a particular number
results from a formula in the cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

search on Flash, blink, cell

http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en

group microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom Ogilvy

"HRH" wrote in message
I am looking for away to make an Excel worksheet cell
flash to draw attention to it when a particular number
results from a formula in the cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

making the cell flash requires vba, and can greatly reduce the workbook's
performance. I'd recommend using conditional formatting instead, to change
the cell's font and/or background to something that stands out.

Cheers

"HRH" wrote in message
I am looking for away to make an Excel worksheet cell
flash to draw attention to it when a particular number
results from a formula in the cell.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
HRH HRH is offline

I use VBA each time I record a macro and or go in and edit
a macro. Is there some type of pause command I can use in
between formatting a cell in a macro (i.e. bold=true,
bold=false, bold=true ..... so forth)

Thanks
HRH

"HRH" wrote in message
I am looking for away to make an Excel worksheet cell
flash to draw attention to it when a particular number
results from a formula in the cell.

---

9/08/2004

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi HRH, you can use this code to flash the text as many times
as you want...just change the word 'look' to your needs...

Public Sub fla****()
ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1) = "look"
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1) = ""
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1) = "look"
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1) = ""
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1) = "look"
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1) = ""
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1) = "look"
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1) = ""
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1) = "look"
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))
End Sub

seeya ste