Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ZAK ZAK is offline

Default Flashing Cell

Hi

Does anyone one know how I can get a cell to flash and/or
make noise when it reacheds a certain value. I am trying
to alert the users.

Regards

Zak
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Zak,

You can use Conditional Formatting from the Format menu to change
the color of the background and/or font of the cell when its
value reaches or exceeds a given value. No blinking text, though.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Zak" wrote in message
Hi

Does anyone one know how I can get a cell to flash and/or
make noise when it reacheds a certain value. I am trying
to alert the users.

Regards

Zak

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chip Pearson : Playing WAV Files From VBA
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM.htm#PlayWAV

A the top of a module outside of any procedures, place the following
declaration.

Declare Function sndPlaySound32 Lib "winmm.dll" Alias _
"sndPlaySoundA" (ByVal lpszSoundName As String, _
ByVal uFlags As Long) As Long

Then, to call the function, passing it the name of the WAV file you
want to play:

Call sndPlaySound32("c:\test\MySound.WAV", 0)

Just some background references on using events :

David McRitchie

Chip Pearson

Right click the sheet that contains the cell that changes. Select
'View Code'. Place the following code in the sheet's module. Adjust
the references as needed.

If Target = Range("A1") Then
If Target.Value 20 Then _
Call sndPlaySound32("c:\test\MySound.WAV", 0)

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.