Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default toolbar("Task Pane") problem!!!!!!!

When I open the Excel Application
I do get always, the following not requested toolbar visible.

toolbar("Task Pane")
And I do not know how to make it permanently not visible.

No matter what I do, I may take it out, but wanever i open excel show
up again and again,
this is not happening with any other toolbar like standar o
formatting.
when I close then next time they do not show up.

What can I do????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Andoni

ToolsOptions
You can uncheck it on the View Tab

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Andoni " wrote in message ...
When I open the Excel Application
I do get always, the following not requested toolbar visible.

toolbar("Task Pane")
And I do not know how to make it permanently not visible.

No matter what I do, I may take it out, but wanever i open excel shows
up again and again,
this is not happening with any other toolbar like standar or
formatting.
when I close then next time they do not show up.

What can I do?????

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This posting by Debra show how to make it stay open. If you do the
opposite, maybe it will not open:

Message 4 in thread
From: Debra Dalgleish )
Subject: view, task pane

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.misc
Date: 2004-06-29 11:06:49 PST

If you have checked 'Startup Task Pane' under ToolsOptions, View tab,
and the Task Pane doesn't stay open, you may have a hidden workbook that
opens automatically as Excel starts up (e.g. Personal.xls). This causes
the Task Pane to closes despite the Task Pane setting. You can change
the Registry, or add a macro to the workbook that's opening automatically.

There are instruction for a macro in the following MSKB article:

XL2002: Task Pane Disappears When You Start Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=293820

Or, you can force the Task Pane to stay open by making a change to the
Registry (make a backup first!):

1. From the Start button, choose Run
2. Type regedit then click OK
3. Click the + sign to the left of HKEY_CURRENT_USER
4. Open Software, Microsoft, Office, 10.0, Common, and click on General
5. Choose EditNewDWORD Value
6. Type the name for the DWORD: DoNotDismissFileNewTaskPane
7. Press Enter to complete the renaming
8. Choose EditModify
9. Type 1 as the value and click OK
10. Close the Registry Editor

Unselect it in tools=Options=view
and see if you have the above registry key. If so, set it to 0

Replace 10 with 11 if you are using Excel 2003

Tom Ogilvy