Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nvizble

Default How to permanently get rid of "Getting Started" task pane in Exce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

I lost this thread and the replies to it when I rebooted after changing the
registry -- the suggestion did not work for me though.

The task pane was introduced in Excel 2002 and that is what I have.

I found the following with a Google Groups Search aptly named
Task Panes (or Pains)
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP11.phx .gbl

but the suggestion by Ron de Bruin to change the registry did not work for me..
--
---
HTH,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Seahawks Sucker

Default How to permanently get rid of "Getting Started" task pane in E

Hi there, the question posed is still not completely answererd. I have done
the tools/options/view uncheck task pane and it is not a full fix. That will
work when you start a new spreadsheet, but if you then if you go File New,
that idiotic task pane rears its ugly head. Does anyone know a way to get it
NEVER to appear. This bug drives me crazy and I'm planning to reinstall
Excel 2000 to rid of the problem.