Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using Pictograms

Hello

I wonder if someone might be able to help me.
I have a couple of cells with pics (which fit in a cell) on one sheet.
On an other sheet I select a value from a dropdown field. Now I can
easily copy the pic which corresponds with the value in the active
cell and paste it to that cell.
Now, when I change the value in a cell with a pic I would like to get
a new pic ... and obviously delete the existing one.

Is that possible? Can I select a pic based on a cell reference? Or do
I really have to delete all pics on the sheet and re-import them
again.

I really appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

Best regards
Franz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
would a hyperlink to the picture be sufficent?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

fl618 wrote:
Hello

I wonder if someone might be able to help me.
I have a couple of cells with pics (which fit in a cell) on one

sheet.
On an other sheet I select a value from a dropdown field. Now I can
easily copy the pic which corresponds with the value in the active
cell and paste it to that cell.
Now, when I change the value in a cell with a pic I would like to get
a new pic ... and obviously delete the existing one.

Is that possible? Can I select a pic based on a cell reference? Or do
I really have to delete all pics on the sheet and re-import them
again.

I really appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

Best regards
Franz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Frank

Unfortunately not.
It is used for some kind of visual presentation.
The indent is to have e.g. a triangle in a cell with the value 1, a star
for value 2, etc. (I cannot find the symbols in Wingdings or so)

What I currently do is: depeding on the value in the actual cell I copy
the cell with the corresponding picture and paste it on the actual cell.
However, copying works fine. As long as the pic fits in the cell it gets
copied together with the cell. Deleting the cell on the other side does
not delete the pic.

Best Regards
Franz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you could just put all the pictures in the same spot, show the one you
want and hide all the others.

J.E. McGimpsey has some sample code at:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

fl618 wrote:

Hello

I wonder if someone might be able to help me.
I have a couple of cells with pics (which fit in a cell) on one sheet.
On an other sheet I select a value from a dropdown field. Now I can
easily copy the pic which corresponds with the value in the active
cell and paste it to that cell.
Now, when I change the value in a cell with a pic I would like to get
a new pic ... and obviously delete the existing one.

Is that possible? Can I select a pic based on a cell reference? Or do
I really have to delete all pics on the sheet and re-import them
again.

I really appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

Best regards
Franz

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Dave

Thanks for the link .... very nice.
I guess I cannot find a picture based on a cell position .
But your link gives me a good alternative.

Regards
Franz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Each picture as a topleftcell property that you could use.

If you're doing lots of pictures, it might be easier to "group" your pictures by
using prefixes in your name:

PictGrp01_01
PictGrp01_02
PictGrp01_03

pictgrp02_01
pictgrp02_02
pictgrp02_03

Then you can build the name of the picture based on some criteria and only work
against that group.

fl618 wrote:

Hey Dave

Thanks for the link .... very nice.
I guess I cannot find a picture based on a cell position .
But your link gives me a good alternative.

Regards
Franz

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Dave

Thanks for the tip. I will try it that way. The grouping will make it
much easier.

Thanks again.
Franz