Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Turn off the Customize Bar??

Also.. I was playing around With John Walkenbachs book on VBA and his CD,
and when I ran one of his Macro's, it turned on all my toolboxes. Now, I
can't get rid of the Customize Bar. I guess it is in the minimize mode and
says to "Do Not Refresh". When I double click on it, it brings up the
Customize Toolbar and wants me to modify a toolbar. How do I get rid of the
stupid thing??
mv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom,

Thats the thing.... NO. Everytime I do, or if I click on CLOSE, it goes
like into a minimize mode down at the bottom. I have moved it from the top
to the bottom. I have all my toolbars turned off via VBA code. But, this
one is the only one that stand out and will not close at all. If I move my
mouse over the diamond, it says.. Toolbar Options, then click on that, and
it says, Add or Remove Buttons, and click on that, and it says Customize,
and then when you click on that.. it shows the Customize box to put a
checkmark on the tools that you want??? I can't get rid of the thing???

Any Idea's???

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Can't you just click the little X on the upper right?

Tom Ogilvy

"Michael Vaughan" wrote in message
Also.. I was playing around With John Walkenbachs book on VBA and his

CD,
and when I ran one of his Macro's, it turned on all my toolboxes. Now,

can't get rid of the Customize Bar. I guess it is in the minimize mode

and
says to "Do Not Refresh". When I double click on it, it brings up the
Customize Toolbar and wants me to modify a toolbar. How do I get rid of

the
stupid thing??
mv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can't figure out which commandbar that is, but you can try this if it is a
floating commandbar (if not see if you can make it float)

Sub AAA()
Dim cb As CommandBar
For Each cb In Application.CommandBars
If cb.Position = msoBarFloating Then
If cb.Visible Then cb.Visible = False
End If
Next
End Sub

or you could try making them all not visible:

Sub AAAB()
Dim cb As CommandBar
For Each cb In Application.CommandBars
If cb.Visible Then cb.Visible = False
Next
End Sub
then bring back the ones you want. If that doesn't do it, then it might not
be a commandbar.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Can't you just click the little X on the upper right?

Tom Ogilvy

"Michael Vaughan" wrote in message
Also.. I was playing around With John Walkenbachs book on VBA and his

CD,
and when I ran one of his Macro's, it turned on all my toolboxes.

Now,
can't get rid of the Customize Bar. I guess it is in the minimize

mode
and
says to "Do Not Refresh". When I double click on it, it brings up the
Customize Toolbar and wants me to modify a toolbar. How do I get rid

of
the
stupid thing??
mv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

I didn't realize until now, that I love you!!!! Thank You so much. That
worked!! Yes, when it was not minimized in the toolbars, it was floating.
Now, if I can only get this TextBox last name search function to work, I can
call my project complete!!! Thanks for all your help.

Michael