Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Linking to other applications

Hi

Actually i want an VBA which will connect to some other application and
retrieve the data which i needed.
For example, my VBA code should connect to Test Director(Online Test
Management Tool) and have to retrieve the required data based on some
criteria. So, can you help me on this? How could i write a code like..my VBA
connecting to some other applications...
The application which i wanted to connect is a online Test Management Tool.
That is, Mercury Test Director this tool is basically used by Software
Testers.
This is similar to a online website, this tool basically has 4 buttons.
they are
1. Requirements
2. Test Plan
3. Test Lab
4. Defects

The Requirements contains the requirements given by client.
The Test Plan tab contains the functionality wise Test Scripts.
And the Test Lab is used to execute the scripts, suppose a script which
exists in Test Plan may pass or fail...
And Defects tab contains the defects we raised while testing the
functionality of an application.

So, here what i want is i need to connect that Defects and have to retrieve
the defects raised under some functionality.
So, do you have any idea about this?
Please let me know....

Thanks and Regards Rama..........

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Depends on what the web pages are like, have you tried a web query?

it;s easy to do in excel 2000+, if you use excel 97, try looking at this:

http://www.freewebs.com/methodsinexcel/XL 97 Web Query.zip

good luck kidder