Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Tab Search?

I have a master document with two columns. Col A is Test Number and Co
B is Date Excecuted. I would like to make a new document that has
separate tab for each date and contains only the test numbers excecute
on that date. I also want this to update as more dates are added. Ho
do I create a macro to do this? Is there a way to search through th
dates and create tabs named "x date"? Then add the test numbers. M
problem is that the dates duplicate and I get an error that I canno
name a tab a name that already exists. Once I get all the tabs name
and all the test numbers linked, I would like to update this ne
document daily looping through the tab names and if the name of x dat
is already there, do nothing, but if the name of x date isn't there
create a new tab, name it x date and add the test numbers executed o
that date?

So basically in a very small scale, I have:

Test # Date
1234 9/1
3425 9/2
4324 8/30
8767 9/1
1231 9/2
4325 9/1

I would like a new document that has

Tab 8/30/04
4324

Tab 9/1/04
1234
4325

Tab 9/2/04
3425
1231

And I would like it if tomorrow, when I add:

2345 9/3
6543 9/3
1232 9/3

I would like the following added in a new tab

Tab 9/3
2345
6543
1232

Please Help! Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Using a pivot table instead would be much more simpler. And it provide
the functionality of choosing a particular date, on which it will sho
only those numbers associated with it. And you dont have to shift t
different tabs for the purpose

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

mangesh_yadav,
Thanks for your response. I would still rather have a macro to d
this. I've been playing with the pivot table and i can't get it to d
anything but a count, sum, avg, etc of the test numbers. how do i ge
it to show the actual test numbers in a table. Also, will pivot table
update as more dates are added or will I have to go in the wizard an
create a new table every day

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I agree that pivot tables have their limitations, but yes you can sho
the actual nos, and also you don't have to create new tables every day
they can be updated.

- Manges

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mangesh,
Thank you, but I am still looking for a way to do this with a macro.
Can anyone help