Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Functions (search within search result)

I am trying to search within a search result to give me a particular result
Refer "desired result" below. For example, from a group of 3 students, 3
tests were given. I would like to search each student by Student ID and for
that particular Student, I would like to show the score for one of the tests.
Can anyone assist me in using functions to do this?

Sudent Test Score
Student1 Econ 12
Student1 English 41
Student1 Math 21

Student2 Econ 11
Student2 English 23
Student2 Math 12

Student3 Econ 22
Student3 English 44
Student3 Math 41

Desired Result:
Student Test Score
Student1 English 41

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this...

A2:A20 = student names
B2:B20 = Test
C2:C20 = score

Use cells to hold your search criteria...

E2 = Student1
F2 = English

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A20=E2),--(B2:B20=F2),C2:C20)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP