Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default select cells that are the result of a search

I am running a search ( FIND ) that finds all cells in a spreadsheet that
part numbers that begin with the letters PB. I would like to select these
cells and copy them. I don't see any way to select the results of my search.
Is there a way this can be done?

Thanks for any help you can provide. :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The part numbers you will be looking for - how
widespread are they within a given worksheet?
Are they isolated to just one column?

anyway, you could loop through the range
and read all part numbers that begin with "PB"
into an array; Then you could write the array
values out to a new spreadsheet.

"john mcmichael" wrote:

I am running a search ( FIND ) that finds all cells in a spreadsheet that
part numbers that begin with the letters PB. I would like to select these
cells and copy them. I don't see any way to select the results of my search.
Is there a way this can be done?

Thanks for any help you can provide. :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use an autofiltercustombegins with from DataFilter.

When you have the filtered list, hit F5SpecialVisible cells only.

Copy those.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 08:51:02 -0800, john mcmichael
wrote:

I am running a search ( FIND ) that finds all cells in a spreadsheet that
part numbers that begin with the letters PB. I would like to select these
cells and copy them. I don't see any way to select the results of my search.
Is there a way this can be done?

Thanks for any help you can provide. :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That is right you can select the column that contains the part numbers and
then go to the menu: DataFilterAutofilter and then open the autofilter
combo box and choos custom and then put the criterea to begins with PB and
then you can see the rows with the patrnumbers started with PB that you can
copy them to where ever you want

Farhad Hodjat