Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default tab direction

I'm sure it's been asked (and answered) a hunderd times before but, is it
possible to change the tab direction so that instead of the tab key moving
to the next unlocked cell to the right, it moves to the next unlocked cell
down?

Many thanks in advance for any and all input.

Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ian,
This changes the direction after pressing the ENTER key,

Application.MoveAfterReturn = True
Application.MoveAfterReturnDirection = xlDown (ToRight, ToLeft, Up)

Regards,
Don

"IC" wrote in message
I'm sure it's been asked (and answered) a hunderd times before but, is it
possible to change the tab direction so that instead of the tab key moving
to the next unlocked cell to the right, it moves to the next unlocked cell
down?

Many thanks in advance for any and all input.

Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Lan,

Based on my knowledge, we can not change the default behavior of the TAB
key.
Why do you want to do this, if you have any concern, please feel free to
post here.

Best regards,

Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is there a way to tab from one cell to one other specific cell? I need to
tab from B5 to F10 but G9:I9 are unlocked.

Ideally, I need to tab down a specific column (F, G, H or I) but cells are
unlocked in all these columns. I suspect this isn't possible.

I tried using a named range, but rows 12 and below contain code which is
activated on selection and the range selects the cells first.

Ian

"IC" wrote in message
I'm sure it's been asked (and answered) a hunderd times before but, is

it
possible to change the tab direction so that instead of the tab key

moving
to the next unlocked cell to the right, it moves to the next unlocked

cell
down?

Many thanks in advance for any and all input.

Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I think it is hard to do that, because how can we tell that when we press
Tab how many cells should be skipped.
I think for your scenario, we can try to wrtie a if..endif statement to
judge if we need to fire some event when we use tab to navigate through the
cells on the sheet.
If you still have any concern, please feel free to post here.

Best regards,

Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you have a specific set of cells you want to tab through in a specific
order, you can select the cells using the ctrl key in the order in which you
want to tab through them. Then, go to the namebox and enter a name for the
range, sub as TabList

Now as long as the cells are selected, if you just hit the tab key, it will
follow that path. If you want to repeat this at a later time, go to the
name box, click the down arrow and select Tablist. then the cells will be
reselected with the previously established order.

Tom Ogilvy

"IC" wrote in message
I'm sure it's been asked (and answered) a hunderd times before but, is

it
possible to change the tab direction so that instead of the tab key

moving
to the next unlocked cell to the right, it moves to the next unlocked

cell
down?

Many thanks in advance for any and all input.

Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

FYI, I solved the problem by using complex "If" statements in
Worksheet_Change to lock and unlaock cells as required.

Thanks for the pointer.

Ian
""Peter Huang"" wrote in message

I think it is hard to do that, because how can we tell that when we press
Tab how many cells should be skipped.
I think for your scenario, we can try to wrtie a if..endif statement to
judge if we need to fire some event when we use tab to navigate through

the
cells on the sheet.
If you still have any concern, please feel free to post here.

Best regards,

Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

rights.

Need Direction CmK New Users to Excel 3 July 3rd 07 12:04 AM
Need direction CmK Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 July 2nd 07 04:48 PM
Direction lsmft Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 April 27th 06 01:04 PM
I need direction Reluctantputerhead Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 November 2nd 05 12:42 AM
wind direction TC Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 July 14th 05 06:23 PM