Reluctantputerhead

Default I need direction

I am trying to get any rows that are true to this criteria to be identified
somehow in Microsoft Excell 2003. This is just an example of what I need and
would appreciate any direction to go or even to see the formula written so I
can copy and paste it would work.

( Column B 1500 ) & ( Column C 1.5 ) & ( Column E < 150,000 )

Thanks,

Rick Davis
Ph# 503-774-6600

Dave Peterson

Put this in a helper column:
=and(b21500,c21.5,e2<150000)

And drag down.

Then put a header in row 1 of that column and select the column.
data|Filter|autofilter

Use the dropdown to show the True's (or False's).

--

Dave Peterson
Biff

Hi!

Do you mean to apply this logic to cells in the same row?

Like this:

B1 1500 C1 1.5 E1 < 150,000

If so, try this:

=AND(B11500,C11.5,E1<150000)

Will return TRUE or FALSE

If you want to count how many instances there are that meet these criteria:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B1001500),--(C1:C1001.5),--(E1:E100<150000))

If wanting to count, it's better to use cells to hold the criteria:

J1 = 1500
J2 = 1.5
J3 = 150000

Then:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B100J1),--(C1:C100J2),--(E1:E100<J3))

Biff

"Reluctantputerhead" wrote in
message ...
I am trying to get any rows that are true to this criteria to be identified
somehow in Microsoft Excell 2003. This is just an example of what I need
and
would appreciate any direction to go or even to see the formula written
so I
can copy and paste it would work.

( Column B 1500 ) & ( Column C 1.5 ) & ( Column E < 150,000 )

Thanks,

Rick Davis
Ph# 503-774-6600

Reluctantputerhead

Dave and Biff,

Thanks a lot. It works perfect. Can't tell ya how long Ive been trying to
get this info.

Hope I can do the same for someone else someday.

Thanks again.

Rick