big eye

Default correcting wind direction data

is there an easy way using excel 2000 to correct wind direction data by 90
degrees to the left ( minus 90 degrees) we have a couple of years worth of
15min readings to correct.
Adrian M

You might be able to use the paste special command. In an empty cell put -90
(make it the same format as the data you want to change). Then copy it,
highlight the cells you want to minus 90 from, and click EDIT, and then PASTE
SPECIAL. Towards the bottom of the screen you will see a plus option which
you click on and then push OK (or make the cell 90 and use the minus option).
If this is confusing you can watch the PASTE SPECIAL video clip on
http://www.auditexcel.co.za/othertools.html .

"big eye" wrote:

is there an easy way using excel 2000 to correct wind direction data by 90
degrees to the left ( minus 90 degrees) we have a couple of years worth of
15min readings to correct.

Eric

Big Eye,

How about just adding in another column and making it equal to the wind
direction minus 90, then using that column for your calculations?

Eric

"big eye" wrote:

is there an easy way using excel 2000 to correct wind direction data by 90
degrees to the left ( minus 90 degrees) we have a couple of years worth of
15min readings to correct.

Dave Peterson

I think you'll have to be more specific about how you entered the data and what
you want your data to look like when you're done.

did you enter
-180 to 180
Or even N, E, NE, NNE, etc?

--