Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Visual basic Userform caption

Hi everyone,

my problem is the next one: I have a form and in this form, I try to
put Mandarin, who is in a Cell on my Excel 2000, in the caption but
it gives me "?????" at the place.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Me.Caption = Worksheets(1).Range("A1").Value

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
om...
Hi everyone,

my problem is the next one: I have a form and in this form, I try to
put Mandarin, who is in a Cell on my Excel 2000, in the caption but
it gives me "?????" at the place.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can put some code in the UserForm's Initialize event. Here, it will use
the value in A1 on Sheet1:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Me.Caption = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Valu e
End Sub

hth,

Doug Glancy

wrote in message
om...
Hi everyone,

my problem is the next one: I have a form and in this form, I try to
put Mandarin, who is in a Cell on my Excel 2000, in the caption but
it gives me "?????" at the place.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ok guys, thanks ! but the way you are telling me to do this was the
first thing I have tried, I'm not a newbie to Excel ;-), it's not
simple as it seems.
If you want, you can try by yourself, try to put a special character
like mandarin language in the caption of the form and it will give you
"???", for sure.

Thanks anyway.

Max
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One more thing,

if I put mandarin in a textbox or a label, it's ok, I can see it and
it doesn't give me "???".
Would it be possible to change the nature of the titlebar, the
caption, to act like a textbox or a label ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Max,

I see what you are saying now. Unfortunately I don't have an answer. I
guess I'd check any language features that could be installed in Office, but
I don't really think that's the answer either.

Doug Glancy
wrote in message
om...
One more thing,

if I put mandarin in a textbox or a label, it's ok, I can see it and
it doesn't give me "???".
Would it be possible to change the nature of the titlebar, the
caption, to act like a textbox or a label ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

go to the windows desktop and right click on a blank area. select
properties. then go to the appearance tab. in the picture, click on the
caption area and you have a choice to change the font. Try making it a
unicode font. Perhaps that will work.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
om...
One more thing,

if I put mandarin in a textbox or a label, it's ok, I can see it and
it doesn't give me "???".
Would it be possible to change the nature of the titlebar, the
caption, to act like a textbox or a label ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Doug,

it's certainly possible to put a patch in Office or something like
that but the thing is that the application that I'm working on will be
world wide so any person who will open the application, will not have
the patch because it will be their own Excel.

Max

wrote in message
om...
One more thing,

if I put mandarin in a textbox or a label, it's ok, I can see it and
it doesn't give me "???".
Would it be possible to change the nature of the titlebar, the
caption, to act like a textbox or a label ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've got the answer

http://www.vb-fun.de/cgi-bin/loadfra.../tip0212.shtml

Thanks