Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bw bw is offline

Default File Open Take a Long Time

File Open take a long time to populate the list (the hour glass appears
each time I do a File Open). I have 1081 items in my Documents directory.

Can someone help me speed this up and explain why it takes so long?

Thanks,
Bernie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bw bw is offline

I found what I was looking for at the Microsoft Knowledge Base, and
searched for "File Open" under Excel 2002. The following link solved my
problem, and fixed the same problem with Microsoft Word. I hope this
might help others...

http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=xl2002

Bernie