Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel takes long time to open

Hi,

I have MS Excel 2000 file, which is almost 5MB of size and contains lot of formulas and VBA code. But when I open the File it takes almost 70 seconds to load into memory. While opening i am not running any VBA script. VBA code is used once the complete excel is loaded into memory and shown to user.

Can anybody help me in understanding why it takes so much time. I have 512 MB Ram, 40 GB hard disk and 2 GHz Intel processor.

Any help in this regard will highly appreciate.

Sudarshan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cleaning the windows temp folder sometimes works wonders.

You may want to take a look at these two sites
(Charles Williams and David McRitchie):

http://www.decisionmodels.com
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm

--