Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Question about opening workbooks on Excel startup

Windows XP Pro
Excel 2002

I would like to open particular workbook every time Excel starts, similar to
how PERSONAL.XLS opens when I start Excel. As a test I saved a workbook in
the same folder as the PERSONAL.XLS file, and sure enough it opened also
with Excel. However, I would like this workbook, call it TestBook, to open
up hidden like PERSONAL.XLS does, and I'd still like Excel to open a new
workbook Book1.xls every time Excel starts. Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks!

-gk-

"The creative act is not the province of remote oracles or rarefied
geniuses but a transparent process that is open to everyone."
-Greg Kot in Wilco Learning How To Die-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This only works partially. When I open Excel it opens TextBook as hidden
but it does NOT open a new blank workbook, e.g. Book1.xls

Any other suggestions?

-gk-

"38N90W" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I haven't tested this idea, but it sounds good.

In the Testbook, add a macro to "Thisworkbook" for the
open event. (Can't remember the exact wording, something
like Private Sub Open_Workbook or something--someone
help here...) Anyway, the command "Workbooks.Add" will
open a new workbook as you desire.

Andy

==============
"The creative act is not the province of remote

oracles or rarefied
geniuses but a transparent process that is open to

everyone."
-Greg Kot in Wilco Learning How To Die-

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think I'd just put the equivalent code in the Auto_open procedure (in a
general module) of either personal.xls or testbook.

sub auto_open()
workbooks.add
end sub

(Andy was looking for Workbook_Open() under the ThisWorkbook module.)

"38N90W" wrote in message
[...]

Dave Peterson