Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default automatically opening an excel file on startup

Hi,

I am trying to arrange for a specific excel file to open when a user logs on.
I was able to do this in the 'old' Office version but was unable to find any
helpful assistance through the standard help options.

Anyone able to assist it would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Using windows Explorer, look in C:\Documents and
Settings\YOUR_USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART folder

Put the file you wish to autoload in there.

Trés simple.

Jonah

I am trying to arrange for a specific Excel file to open when a user logs on.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Johah, NanTan,

Files in the XLStart folder are opened automatically when Excel is started,
not when the user logs on to Windows. For that, put the Excel file in the
Startup folder (Start - All programs).

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com