Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default NEGATIVE HOURS (2)

Thanks, the previous tip about negative hours worked very well. Now, how
could I enter a negative hour directly into a cell without calculation?.
when I tipe -2:00, I recieve an error message

Any ideas ??

André Lavoie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There may be an easier way, but enter 2:00. then in another cell enter -1,
copy it, select the original cell and do Edit=PasteSpecial and select
multiply.

You can also do: =TIMEVALUE("2:00")*-1

but the easiest I found was to enter

-2/24

or -(2+(13/60))/24 to get -2:13 as an example. Format the cell as time of
course.
or -2.23/24 to get 2:15 as another example.

Time is stored as the fraction of a 24 hour day.
Tom Ogilvy

"André Lavoie" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks, the previous tip about negative hours worked very well. Now, how
could I enter a negative hour directly into a cell without calculation?.
when I tipe -2:00, I recieve an error message

Any ideas ??

André Lavoie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Andre

Enter
=-"2:00"
It will display -0.083333 if unformated and ####### if timeformatted. But
it's there, ready to calculate.

user friendly ? Not really ;-)

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"André Lavoie" skrev i melding
. ..
Thanks, the previous tip about negative hours worked very well. Now, how
could I enter a negative hour directly into a cell without calculation?.
when I tipe -2:00, I recieve an error message

Any ideas ??

André Lavoie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

André Lavoie

Try Formating the cell with custom:
-h:mm

HTH

Charles

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

xl97 SR2, Win 98 SE
that didn't work for me. Did it work for you - what version of Excel?

Unless you meant enter a positive time and have it appear as negative.
(don't see much use for that).

Tom Ogilvy

"Charles " wrote in message
André Lavoie

Try Formating the cell with custom:
-h:mm

HTH

Charles

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

Excel 2000, Windows XP Home.
I too don't see a need. but my formula worked.

Charle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

I just entered 2:00 and it displayed -2:00.
Also I don't know why André Lavoie would want this.

Charle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

Thanks my error.