Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Left/Right Header/Footer Text Margins!

Hi all

I posted this on the "Worksheet Functions" section which I believe, i
this instance, is the incorrect section. Hence I am now posting i
under this section.

I have a worksheet where I have both left and right header and foote
with the left margin set to 1cm for both the header and the footer.

With this set up, I notice that whilst the print area prints from th
specified left margin of 1 cm from the edge of the page, the text i
the header and the footer do not print from the same specified margi
of 1 cm from the edge of the page but prints from some distance furthe
left - which I presume is the default setting, presumably 1.27 cms!

I would like to be able to change this setting either from the fron
end functionality or using VBA code so that the print range and th
left header and footers print from the same specified left margin.

Ideally, I would prefer to be able to do the same both for left an
right headers and footers, if possible.

Any suggestions?

Best regards

Deepak Agarwa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Header and footer margins (0.75" left and right) can't be changed.

In article ,
agarwaldvk wrote:

I posted this on the "Worksheet Functions" section which I believe, in
this instance, is the incorrect section. Hence I am now posting in
under this section.

I have a worksheet where I have both left and right header and footer
with the left margin set to 1cm for both the header and the footer.

With this set up, I notice that whilst the print area prints from the
specified left margin of 1 cm from the edge of the page, the text in
the header and the footer do not print from the same specified margin
of 1 cm from the edge of the page but prints from some distance further
left - which I presume is the default setting, presumably 1.27 cms!

I would like to be able to change this setting either from the front
end functionality or using VBA code so that the print range and the
left header and footers print from the same specified left margin.

Ideally, I would prefer to be able to do the same both for left and
right headers and footers, if possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks JE!

That was what I had thought! But seems to be an unnecessary limitatio
given that these days ordinary printers can also print from almos
0.25" from the edge and that it allows for the range to be printed fro
as close to the edge as one would like it to be within reason! Bu
that's how it is and that's what we need to live with, I suppose!

Best regards

Deepak Agarwa