Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Bypassing startup macros

Sion, why not just disable macros when you open the workbook? To disable
start up macros hold the shift key when you open the workbook.

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 2003
"Sion Smith" wrote in message
Hi there,

I've created an Excel sheet with lots of VBA code behind it. Unfortunately
Excel is now throwing an illegal exception preventing me from opening the
file - apparently it's something to do with the requirement for Office 97

SR2
patch. I can't resolve this issue as the group IT function can't (or

won't)
apply the patch!

How can I retrieve the VBA modules so that I don't have to recreate the

code
within them when I apply them to the previous backup versions I have of

the
file(it could take up to a week to recreate it if I can't retrieve it).

I'm
thinking along the lines of shortcut keys available in Access to bypass

the
startup macro etc....

Thanks in advance

Sion Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Paul,

no the exception still occurs,

Is there a command line I can use to open it up without using the macros?

Sion

"Sion Smith" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

set your macro security protection to high and you should be prompted to
disable macros when you open the workbook. I am not aware of a command line
switch that disables macros.

Tom Ogilvy

"Sion Smith" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I posted a URL in response to your question concerning that.

http://www.openoffice.org

Tom Ogilvy

"Sion Smith" wrote in message
Hi Tom,

I've tried to disable the macros but it has no effect!!

Thomas has suggested using Openoffice but I'm not familiar with it and

don't
know how to acquire it

Thanks anyway
Sion

"Paul B" wrote:

Sion, why not just disable macros when you open the workbook? To

disable
start up macros hold the shift key when you open the workbook.

--
Paul B
Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit

from it
Using Excel 2000 & 2003