Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Bypassing startup macros

set your macro security protection to high and you should be prompted to
disable macros when you open the workbook. I am not aware of a command line
switch that disables macros.

Tom Ogilvy

"Sion Smith" wrote in message
Paul,

no the exception still occurs,

Is there a command line I can use to open it up without using the macros?

Sion

"Paul B" wrote:

Sion, why not just disable macros when you open the workbook? To disable
start up macros hold the shift key when you open the workbook.

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 2003
"Sion Smith" wrote in message
Hi there,

I've created an Excel sheet with lots of VBA code behind it.

Unfortunately
Excel is now throwing an illegal exception preventing me from opening

the
file - apparently it's something to do with the requirement for Office

97
SR2
patch. I can't resolve this issue as the group IT function can't (or

won't)
apply the patch!

How can I retrieve the VBA modules so that I don't have to recreate

the
code
within them when I apply them to the previous backup versions I have

of
the
file(it could take up to a week to recreate it if I can't retrieve

it).
I'm
thinking along the lines of shortcut keys available in Access to

bypass
the
startup macro etc....

Thanks in advance