Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default PC Spreadsheet not working on MAC

Macs don't support ActiveX and all the controls on the Userform/Control
Toolbox Toolbar are activeX. I don't have a MAC, but I understand the MAC
supports userforms, but uses controls from the forms toolbar (which the PC
doesn't support). Personally, I would use the older style dialog sheets,
but perhaps a person who works both MACs and PCs could give better advice.

You might try asking in

Tom Ogilvy

"Rob Z" wrote in message
I have an Excel 97 spreadsheet written on a windows based PC with a

command
button that opens a visual basic form which includes several combo boxes.
The spreadsheet works fine on the PC but not on the Mac, which is running
OSX using Excel 2001.

Originally the command button that opens the form, would not work on the
MAC. I had placed the command button on the spreadsheet using the Visual
Basic Toolbar. I found that if I used the forms toolbar to place the

command
button on the spreadsheet, that it would then work when opened on the MAC.

The problem I now have, is after the form is opened and I click on any of

the
combo boxes, I get the following error message.

run time error 32809
Application-Defined or Object-Defined Error

I have several similar files that are under development, and used by both

PC
and MAC users. Any idea what is happening?

Thanks