Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Save without prompted and activate external file

I am using VBA /VB to write some macros in the MS Excel, I would like to ask
some questions :
1. How to save a workheet to a same text file without prompted by replace or
not ?
( ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\lem83mk.MALAYSIA\My Documents\dummy2.txt", _
FileFormat:=xlText, CreateBackup:=False ) . I want the file is saved
automatically when macro is run without promted to be replaced or not.

2. I would like to run a macro that can activate ( double-click ) a batch
file in the directory ( C:\abc.bat ). Can this be done in the VBA macro ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
Try to surround your SaveAs with DisplayAlerts:
application.DisplayAlerts=false
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= ....
application.DisplayAlerts=true

Not if it applies to that case, but worth a try.

Regards,
Sebastien