SimonD

Default Why am I prompted to save a file when nothing has changed?

In Excel I open an existing file to review the contents, but don't change
anything. When I then try to close the file I am prompted to "Save changes"
when nothing has actually changed. How can I stop this prompt appearing?

Lady Layla

Was this file created in the exact version of Excel you are using now? If not,
Excel automatically asks to save it