Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Upon exiting Excel I am not prompted to SAVE the file

When I exit a workbook I am not asked if I want too save the changes. How do
I fix that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't make changes to the workbook when it's open.
Don't have macros run that make changes to the workbook.
Don't use volatile functions that recalc (and tell excel that the workbook has
been changed). Some of these functions are =now(), =rand(), =date(),

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually, I think I misread the original post.

I've seen a couple of posts that complain that they aren't prompted to save
their changes when they should have been asked.

I don't recall ever seeing a good reason why this should happen--but it must
happen for some.

To the original poster...

Sorry about my response. I don't have a guess why you're having trouble.

ebbs wrote:

When I exit a workbook I am not asked if I want too save the changes. How do
I fix that?

Dave, I suspect you answered the question that the OP meant to ask ... but
the question as asked says how can they make sure that they *are* asked if
they want to save changes. :)

--

Dave Peterson