David Lambright

Default HOW DO YOU GET EXCEL TO ASK IF YOU WANT TO SAVE A FILE ON EXITING

If I make changes to a file, then click the X box, Excel closes with out
saving the changes. My old version would ask if I want to save changes.
Alan Cannon

I need the answer to this one also! I am using Office 2003 and it is doing
exactly that. Even a new workbook with entries made does not prompt to save.

"David Lambright" <David wrote in
message ...
If I make changes to a file, then click the X box, Excel closes with out
saving the changes. My old version would ask if I want to save changes.

damorrison

go to visual basics,project explorer-select this workbook and you will
be in a screen called [This Workbook(Code)];
click on the dropdown menu that say general and pick workbook
go to the dropdown window, and select open
enter this:between

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\BOH.xls"

End Sub

Easiest way to get the code for openning a file is to use the macro
recorder, then copy and paste it into the
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
'your code

damorrison

Sorry about that, I was sure I read 'how to open a worksheet when
opening another' but now I am reading something else